All too often nurses and midwives make the transition from clinician to manager without the support they need to build their skills and confidence to do the role well. Some people feel like they have just stepped into the deep end and wondering whether they are going to sink or swim! Dr Elise Sullivan, Director of the Australian Academy of Clinical Leadership, explains how the C2M Acceleration can support nurses and midwives to make this transition successfully.
It is designed, developed and delivered by people who have first hand experience and expertise in nursing leadership and management at every level. The Program is delivered across six (6) face-to-face, full day workshops – one per month. In between, participants access the materials and videos online, and apply what they are learning to their work. It is a highly interactive program, engaging participants in organisational improvement as they develop the core skills, confidence and strategies to manage their units.
Core skills, knowledge and tools
- Gain the core skills and knowledge to perform your role competently and confidently. Learn how to manage people, money, change, conflict and time with confidence.
- Get a kit bag of tools, templates and workbooks to make the job easier.
- Explore the thinking patterns that great, empowering leaders adopt, how this translates into style and how it impacts on the people around them.
- Reveal your own thinking patterns and design your leadership style to multiply your impact. Translate this insight across your life.
Get a seat at the table
- Expand your impact on your organisation. Develop a strategy to make a significant improvement in your organisation, lead it and raise your profile as a high performing manager.
- You are not alone! You become part of a strong, collegiate support network – one that you can turn to well after the Program has finished.